Benefits of L Glutamine
Before we look into the benefits of L Glutamine let's take a look at the definition of Glutamine.
Glutamine is one of the 20 amino acids encoded by the standard genetic code.
In human blood glutamine is the most abundant free amino acid (protein building block).
The most relevant glutamine producing organ is the muscle mass accounting for about 90% of all Glutamine synthesized.
To minor parts Glutamine is released by the lung and the brain. Glutamine is involved in more metabolic processes in the body than any other amino acid.
Benefits of L Glutamine
Fitness and Bodubyilding Benefits
- used for muscle growth in weightlifting, bodybuilding, endurance, and other sports
- promotes faster post-workout muscle recovery and regeneration
- reduces the catabolic effect (the process by which the body breaks down its own muscle tissue to fuel recovery)
- helps recovery in catabolic states of injury and illness
- useful in treatment of serious trauma and burns
- helps reduce treatment related side-effects of cancer
- helps with wound healing for postoperative patients
- has cleansing properties and maintains intestinal functions by serving as a source of fuel for cells lining the intestines
- used by white blood cells and is important for immune function reinforcement
- sustains mental activity
- reduces an individuals desire to consume alcohol and sugar
- used to protect against the poisonous effects of alcohol
- has been used in treatment of Schizophrenia and senility
- used to treat ulcers and some forms of epilepsy
Glutamine - Biochemical Functions
- as any other amino acid, has a major role in protein synthesis
- regulates acid-base balance in the kidneys by producing ammonium
- cellular energy source, next to glucose (when the body doesn't have enough glucose it converts Glutamine into glucose when needed)
- nitrogen donor for many anabolic processes
- carbon source, refilling the Citric acid cycle
Thus, Glutamine is the most important amino acid in our body and it's also one of the most affordable supplements on the market today. When buying Glutamine it's always good to buy the cheapest Glutamine because there isn't much difference between the famous brands and less knows brands. This rule applies to simple vitamins as well.
>>Click here to order Glutamine online and save
If you would like to incorporate Glutamine into your daily diet we encourage you to read this article on best time to take Glutamine.
From "Benefits of L Glutamine" to main page about "Supplement Reviews"