Bicep workouts are one of the most important exercise routines we (men) do because having great arms (a.k.a. guns, pipes, pythons etc.) is something every man wants.
A well shaped bulging biceps is something to be proud of and sure looks good when we are wearing sleeveless shirts or tank tops or when we are at the beach!
Thus, devoting enough time at the gym to your bicep workouts is most definitely worthwhile.
Here we have made a couple of bicep routines that are proven to work if they are followed faithfully.
The first routine is for building bulk and getting some mass on your arms while the second routine is for getting some definition and shape to your biceps.
Thus, depending on where you are at right now (do you already have some bulk and need to shape and define or do you need to start from scratch and build bulk first?) you will select which type of workout you will follow.
>>Click here if you would like to see the muscle anatomy chart
>>Click here if you would like to download and see the following bicep workouts in printable format (.PDF file format)
Bicep Workouts: Bulking-Up (Mass-Building) Routine
- Do this routine 2 times per week with at least 48 hours of rest before you repeat. We recommend doing it on Mondays and Thursdays or Tuesdays and Saturdays. The first 5 weeks you will be doing one set of bicep exercises and the next 5 weeks you will change and do a different set. This helps maximize growth and avoids hitting a plateau.
- Go heavy with the weight providing that you stay in the designated repetition range. In other words, if you are supposed to do, for example, 8 reps of a given exercise and you can do 10 or even 12 - that means you are not going heavy enough. Similarly, if you can only do 4 reps but you need to do 8 then you are going too heavy with the weights and need to lighten your weight load.
- As with any bulking-up phase make sure you eat well and take your supplements - ie. whey protein shakes before and after your workouts. Furthermore, taking ZMA and a multivitamin pill daily would also be advisable as it would aid in your muscle recovery and help boost your testosterone levels.
- Equip yourself with a good pair of gloves that will protect your hands.
Bicep Workouts: Muscle Definition Phase
- Perform this routine 2 times per week with at least 72 hours of rest before you repeat. We suggest doing it on Mondays and Thursdays. As with the bulk-up routine, with this program the first 5 weeks you will be doing one set of bicep exercises and the next 5 weeks you will do a different set.
- Before you do the weightlifting routine warm-up for 10 to 15 minutes on a treadmill or stationary bike to get your heart rate up and ready for the biceps workout.
- Go as heavy as you can with the amount of weight providing that you stay in the designated repetition range. In other words, if you are supposed to do, for example, 12 reps of a given exercise and you can do 14 or even 16 - that means you are not going heavy enough. Similarly, if you can only do 8 reps but you need to do 14 then you are going too heavy with the weights and need to lighten your weight load.
- Weeks 6 to 10 you will be doing supersets. A superset means you do two sets of two different exercises consecutively without break in between sets. You repeat this cycle until you do the designated total number or sets. For example, let's say you have to do bicep preacher curls and concentration curls in a superset - thus, you do one set of the preacher curls and when you're done you pick up your dumbbells and do one set of concentration curls (both arms: one at a time) - then you rest. This is a superset! Therefore, you will keep doing this until you go through the entire number of sets outlined in your routine.
- Make sure you adjust your diet and take your supplements - ie. whey protein shakes before and after your workouts. By adjusting your diet we mean lowering the ratio of carbs to protein. You will need a 60/40 split (60% carbs 40% protein) to get a good fat-burning effect which will strip fat from your entire body and create a lot of muscle separation and definition in your arms area. With this workout we strongly recommend ZMA and Animal Pack multivitamin. Supersets are demanding on your body and you need the best supplements you can get to help your body recover. There is no substitute for Animal Pack as it is currently best on the market.
- Make sure you have the right equipment for the workouts - a good pair of gloves that will protect your hands.
From "Bicep Workouts" to main page about "Weightlifting"