Bodyweight Circuit Training
Fat Burning Bodyweight Circuit Training ExercisesCraig Ballantyne, CSCS, MSAuthor of Turbulence Training for Fat Loss
When we travel we worry about missing workouts and eating poorly.
Thus, we plan ahead and bring along apples and almonds and we plan on doing bodyweight circuits.
While I have bodyweight exercises as hard as the bench press or barbell squat in one of my bodyweight workouts, today I'll show you how to do some bodyweight circuits.
To do bodyweight circuit training:
- Select 3 lower body exercises
- Select 3 upper body exercises
- Alternate between a lower and upper body exercise without resting in between. Do this untill you are done with all 6 exercises.
- Rest one minute
- Repeat 2 to 3 more times until you do 20 minutes
For example, here is a great bodyweight circuit that doesn't require the use of any equipment:
- Prisoner Squat (do 12 repetitions)
- Elevated Push-ups (do 8 reps for each side)
- Single-Leg Deadlift (10 reps per side)
- Close-grip Push-ups (rep out until failure)
- Jumping Jacks (30 to 60 reps)
- Cross-Body Mountain Climber (do 12 reps per side)
Whew! That's a pretty advanced circuit. For a beginner, we would slow it down like this:
- Wall Squat (8 reps)
- Kneeling Elevated Push-up (5 reps each side)
- Lying One-leg Hip Extensions (8 reps each side)
- Plank (30 second hold)
- Jumping Jacks (5-10 reps)
- Side Plank (15 second hold each side)
Always check with your doctor before you begin a circuit training exercise program.
About the Author
Craig Ballantyne is a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist and writes for Men's Health, Men's Fitness, Maximum Fitness, Muscle and Fitness Hers, and Oxygen magazines.
His trademarked Turbulence Training fat loss workouts have been featured multiple times in Men’s Fitness and Maximum Fitness magazines, and have helped thousands of men and women around the world lose fat, gain muscle, and get lean in less than 45 minutes three times per week.
For more information on the Turbulence Training workouts that will help you burn fat without long, slow cardio sessions or fancy equipment, visit Turbulence Training for Fat Loss
From "Bodyweight Circuit Training" to main page about "Fitness Workouts"