Learn about how to GET RIPPED FAST!
Featured article with VALUABLE TIPS for Getting Shredded!
How To Get Ripped FastBy Vince DelMonte
To have a world class fitness body, you need to be muscular, symmetrical and balanced and have a killer ripped six-pack. But, most importantly you have to get ripped and shredded to the bone! We are about to discuss how weight training, proper nutrition and aerobic exercise will help you get a ripped, beach-worthy body.
First we need to determine where you are starting before you start getting ripped.
If you don't have the ripped body of your dreams than you are either one of two people:
1. The "big guy" at the gym who looks huge in clothes but has no muscle definition (quality) when the shirt comes off. You are training like a bodybuilder, eating at a calorie surplus, getting stronger and bigger each week but you would never win a fitness model show because of your excess body fat.
2. OR, are you the "skinny guy" who thinks he is ripped because your veins are popping out everywhere, but have no muscle mass to support your frame. Sure, your veins and vascularity make you look "ripped" (a.k.a. shredded) but you are way to slim and you would be laughed off a bodybuilding stage.
To get ripped, you need to determine whether you need to start leaning out through a fat loss program or add muscle mass with a bulking program. You can't be ripped if you are lacking muscle mass or lacking muscle definition. Don't chase both goals at once.
I will address how both categories can learn how to get ripped fast with weight training, proper nutrition and the right amount of cardio.
How To Get Ripped Fast With Weight Training
- Skinny guys should train less than 45 minutes each workout.
- Skinny guys should focus on only compound movements and not perform any isolated movements.
- Skinny guys should focus on getting stronger by 5% every two weeks.
- Skinny guys should do no more than 1-2 forced reps to avoid wasting energy.
- Skinny guys should have their body parts (muscle groups) split up into a three day program at most.
- Bulky guys can train from 1 hour to 1 and ½ hours for the extra caloric expenditure.
- Bulky guys can incorporate more isolated movements for caloric expenditure.
- Bulky guys should still maintain their strength which will ensure no muscle loss.
- Bulky guys can include drop sets and pre-exhaust (warm-up)sets for the extra energy expenditure.
- Bulky guys can spend more time per muscle group and split their muscle group workouts over 5 days.
How To Get Ripped Fast With Nutrition
- Skinny guys should be eating about 15 x their current body weight in calories for muscle mass.
- Skinny guys should eat a minimum of 1- 1.5 grams of protein per pound of lean muscle mass.
- Skinny guys should be eating at least 2x as many carbs as proteins.
- Skinny guys should be getting high quality fats with every meal.
- Skinny guys should be getting extra calories through workout nutrition (whey protein and weight gainer) drinks.
- Skinny guys should have their largest meals at breakfast, pre-workout, and post-workout.
- Skinny guys should be eating large quantities of oatmeal, whole grains, potatoes and brown rice.
- Bulky guys should be eating about 10 x their current body weight, in calories, for fat loss.
- Bulky guys should eat at least 1 - 1.5 grams of protein per pound of lean muscle mass.
- Bulky guys should eat a 1:1 ratio of proteins to carbs in the day.
- Bulky guys should only eat healthy fats like flax oil, olive oil, nuts and avocado's.
- Bulky guys should only consume liquid carbs during the workout.
- Bulky guys should consume carbs only in the form of veggies and fruits.
How To Get Ripped With Cardio
- Skinny guys should only do cardio if their total caloric intake is in a 1000 calorie surplus.
- Skinny guys should keep their cardio workouts as far away as possible from their weight training sessions.
- Skinny guys should keep their cardio workouts less than 20-30 minutes.
- Skinny guys should do cardio no more than 2-4 times per week.
- Skinny guys should perform cardio on a full stomach.
- Skinny guys should have a protein-carb workout drink ready and consume it right after the workout.
- Skinny guys should avoid long, endurance-style training.
- Bulky guys should do there cardio immediately after weights.
- Bulky guys should do a mixture of long, slow cardio and interval cardio.
- Bulky guys can do cardio up to 7-10 sessions per week in extreme cases.
- Bulky guys should do cardio on a empty stomach for quicker fat loss.
- Bulky guys should sip on a protein drink to avoid muscle loss.
There you have it! Follow these simple rules and you will get ripped fast, whether you are a skinny or bulky guy.
About the Author:
Vince DelMonte is the author of Your Six Pack Quest found at http://www.YourSixPackQuest.com
He specializes in helping guys and gals get ripped bodies and six pack abs without any gimmicks through a straightforward proven workout and nutrition system that has helped many people get the physique of their dreams.
From "How to gEt Ripped Fast" to main page about "Articles"