Sylvester Stallone Work Out
Rocky IV - 6-week Intensive Bodybuilding Program
This Sylvester Stallone work out is not for the faint of heart.
It's advanced and it's not easy.
If you push yourself hard this workout will pack on slabs of muscle onto your body like you will not beleive!
This is a workout we've had for a long time. We got it from a muscle magazine nearly two decades ago (yeah, that's how far back we go) that is one of those good old school workouts that make men even more manly.
We love it and our staff and contributing writers have all done it at some point.
Once again, only for those who have been doing bodybuilding for a few years now. Don't think if you're a beginner that you can jump right in and do a workout like this. If you do, your body will punish you and rebel against you.
Remember, this Sylvester Stallone work out is the one that got him in, what is arguably, the best shape of his life.
Many agree that his physique in Rocky IV was the pinnacle of his bodybuilding glory days.
When you do this workout, eat well and rest plenty!
It's absolutely paramount that you get enough rest to allow for proper muscle recovery and rebuilding as well as to make sure that you are eating to build muscle mass. Only this way will you survive the entire 6 weeks of this Sylvester Stallone work out and achieve results!
- This is one of those high-intensity bodybuilding programs to do if you need to get quality muscle in the shortest amount of time. For those who want to acheive thickness, definition and separation of muscles in a short 6-week period
- Muscles worked:
- full body
- Days per week:
- 5 - with morning and evening workout sessions. Obviously you will need a very flexible schedule for this workout. I have done it before and if you follow through it does yeild results fast but it's brutal after week 2.
Weight Training Acessories Used:
- Pre and post workout whey protein with some glutamine mixed into your shake(s)
- Animal pack stacked with Animal M stack or another Animal pack
- ZMA just before bedtime for good sleep, muscle recovery and natural testosterone boost.
>>Click here to download a printable version of this routine (.PDF format)!
- Good weightlifting gloves. By good we mean tough ones. Go for the ones that are mesh on top or have some other form of open design on the top side. They will give your hands more air and won't make them sweat as much as closed-type designed ones do.
- Wrist-straps. So many kinds out there. Go for the ones that are soft on the skin and have some sort of minimal padding. The ones that are really tough can be really taxing on the skin around your wrists and even worse if you have hair.
- Weight belt. Old school leather ones are best.
- Strong weight training shoes. Don't use running shoes - they just aren't made for bodybuilding.
Sylvester Stallone Work Out
Rocky IV, 6-week Intensive Program
Monday, Wednesday & Friday - MORNING
|incline bench press||4||8 to 10|
|dumbbell flys||4||10 to 12|
|close-grip bench press||5||6 to 8|
|wide-grip (front) chin-ups||6||8 to 10|
|bent-over one-arm dumbbell raise||4 each side||8 to 10|
|close-grip seated rows||4||10 to 12|
|raised leg crunches||3||until failure|
|seated extension||3||until failure|
Monday, Wednesday & Friday - EVENING
|military shoulder press (front)||4||8 to 10|
|side dumbbell raises||4||10 to 12|
|bent-over dumbbell flys||5||6 to 8|
|Arms - Biceps||Sets||Reps|
|barbell curls||3||8 to 10|
|incline (seated) dumbbell curls||3 each side||8 to 10|
|concentration curls||4 each side||10 to 12|
|Arms - Triceps||Sets||Reps|
|lying dumbbell raises||4||10 to 12|
|bent-over one-arm dumbbell raises||3 each side||8 to 10|
|cable pull-downs (with rope)||3||8 to 10|
|alternating leg raises||3||until failure|
|decline bench sit-ups||3||until failure|
|oblique crunches (on floor)||3||until failure|
Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday - MORNING
|Legs - Calves||Sets||Reps|
|seated calf raises||4||8 to 10|
|standing calf raises||4||10 to 12||barbell standing calf (alternating) raises||5||8 to 12 each side|
|Legs - Quads||Sets||Reps|
|incline leg press||4||8 to 10|
|squat||4||8 to 10|
|seated leg extensions||4||8 to 10|
|Legs - Hamstrings||Sets||Reps|
|hamstring curls||4||10 to 12|
|leg extension||4||10 to 12|
|stiff leg deadlift||4||10 to 12|
Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday - EVENING
|Back - Rear Delts||Sets||Reps|
|bent-over dumbbell raise (lateral)||4||8 to 10|
|cable crossovers||4||10 to 12|
|(reverse) pec-deck||4||8 to 12|
|Back - Traps||Sets||Reps|
|barbell shrugs (front)||4||8 to 10|
|barbell upright rows||4||8 to 10|
|(flat bench) cable rows to neck||4||10 to 12|
|ab crunch||4||until failure|
|oblique crunch||4||until failure|
|cable crunches||4||until failure|
Sunday - MORNING
|45 minutes on treadmill or stationary bike at medium pace|
Follow this Sylvester Stallone work out exactly as outlined. Keep the intensity high in all your workout sessions. It's grueling but it's also rewarding in the end as you will notice a significant change in muscle mass and density.
Keep in mind all the points we mentioned above. Go to the gym and kill it every single time! Do whatever you have to do to motivate yourself. This Sylvester Stallone work out is one of the best we have come across over the years. It's tough, it's taxing and if you put all the elements together - workout, eating well and rest plenty - you are assured results!
From "Sylvester Stallone Work Out" to main page about "Celebrity Workouts"