What's the BEST WAY to GAIN WEIGHT?
Follow these MUSCLE GAIN tips and build a strong, massive physique!
Best Way To Gain Weight - How to Gain (Muscle) Weight Fast: 5 Powerful TipsBy Jason Ferruggia, Men's Fitness Magazine Columnist & Head Training AdvisorAuthor of Muscle Gaining Secrets
I don't think anybody wants to be skinny or weak. Deep down we all want that ripped, muscular physique of a UFC fighter or an NFL running back.
That’s the type of look that attracts ladies and earns respect from other guys. However, the question that troubles many of you is: "how exactly do I get that look?".
Well, have no worries, because I'm about to tell you about the best way to gain weight and build muscle quickly and finally achieve the awe-inspiring head-turning physique you've dreamed about.
Many skinny guys and other muscle-builders at the gym make a number of mistakes with their training programs. The important thing is that YOU don't make those same mistakes and start following my top five tips on how to put on muscle weight fast.
Best Way To Gain Weight - 5 Essential Tips
- Train Heavy - You'll never build any size with high reps and light weights. If you want to get big you need to add weight and bring your reps down.
- Don’t Train More Than 45 Minutes Per Workout - Testosterone output is elevated during a weight training workout but this only lasts for about 45 minutes. After that it's pretty much shot.
After that your testosterone levels start to nose-dive and cortisol levels begin to rise. Cortisol eats away at your muscle and increases fat storage. So, get in at the gym, hit it hard and get outta there quick.
- Always Follow the Law of Progressive Overload - To get huge you have to use progressive overload. This means that you absolutely have to improve on your previous performance every time you come to the gym. Do this by lifting heavier weights, doing more repetitions with the same weight, doing more total sets, doing the same workout in less time.
Whatever you do, DON’T do the exact same as the last time. You have to give your body a reason to grow and if you repeat the exact same workout it does not force muscle growth.
- Use Big, Compound Exercises - Exercises like squats, military presses, deadlifts and barbell rows should be the core of your mass building program. These are exercises that build the most muscle and stimulate testosterone production the best. If you use machines you are wasting your time because machines don't do much to help you build size. Do free weight exercises like dumbbell presses and good mornings and bodyweight exercises like chin-ups and dips.
- Eat a Lot - Regardless of how good your training program is you will never get a big muscled physique if you don’t take in enough calories. You should eat every 2 to 3 hours and make sure you get one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight (daily) and a sufficient amount of good carbs and healthy fats.
For super skinny guys with a really fast metabolism I recommend focusing on rice, potatoes, pasta and getting 30% of your calories from healthy fats like avocado and nuts. This is the best way to gain weight for skinny guys that have a furnace for a metabolism.
Follow these five tips and you will pack on slabs of muscle in no time. For more explosive tips on how to gain weight rapidly visit my website below.
About the Author
Jason Ferruggia is a famous fitness expert who is renowned for his ability to help people build muscle as fast as humanly possible.
Jason has written hundreds of articles for numerous top rated training magazines and websites and has authored four fitness books.
He is the head training advisor for Men’s Fitness Magazine where he also has his own monthly column dedicated to muscle building.
For more great muscle building information visit www.musclegainingsecrets.com
From "Best Way To Gain Weight" to main page about "Fitness Workouts"